How to sterilize CelloVet products
Your options for sterilizing CelloVet products include autoclaving or EtO.
Autoclaving recommendations for cellophane products are as follows (CelloVet, uncoated & coated):
1) Soak the CelloVet Cellophane in DISTILLED water for 5 minutes, then gently wrap in open pore gauze and place in pouch for autoclaving.
2) Use an autoclave profile set at 15 minutes at 121 C (250 F). Make sure there are as few items in the autoclave during cycle as possible to prevent moisture collection.
3) Do not activate a dry cycle. Remove from autoclave and leave to air dry.
4) Use the CelloVet within 6 hours of autoclaving.
Do not flash sterilize.
Autoclaving recommendations for CelloVet+ are as follows:
1) Use an autoclave profile set at 3-5 minutes at 132-135 C (270 -273F).
2) Regular dry cycle is OK.
3) Shelf life is indefinite and sterility should be maintained for 3-6 mo depending on your hospital protocols.
Ethylene oxide gas sterilization recommendations (CelloVet uncoated & coated, CelloVet+):
1) Use regular cycle.
2) Use the CelloVet within 1 week of sterilization.
EtO is a low temperature alternative and at the moment is considered the most consistent means of sterilizing the CelloVet cellophane products.
Please test our product for durability and malleability in your sterilizer of choice.
Do not re-sterilize if placed in contact with bodily fluids or used in a patient.
Single use only.